December 28, 2006

Bring in the New Year in Vogue!

I hope all of you got what you wanted for Christmas! A little mistletoe action perhaps? Now that your stomachs are slightly less full after the feasting and partying that was Christmas, it's time for another party, to bring in the New Year, of course! And I can tell that 2007 is going to be a great year because moi favorite number happens to be 9 and 2+0+0+7= 9! (A little numerology never hurt a fashionista.)

My 2007 fashion predictions:: Structured dresses with big belts will still rule well into the new year. Animal prints and floral prints- whimsical dresses will be a big hit in the new Spring and Summer collections. And no, leggings are not going to go anywhere unill you are ready to lounge at the beach for a tan and dahhling - big bags never go out of style because a girl's gotta have a big bag to carry everything she needs. You know what I mean, chicas.

Here are some gorgeous dresses to bring in the New Year in Vogue.

Madonna made this look hip in the 80's. She's still HOT and so is this little black Julie Haus 1989 Boustier Dress. Add a gold head band or some gold bangles and you are all set to look great for the New Year.

2006 was the year of the bubble dress. Sing Auld Lang Syne in this Development Ruffle sleeve dress with pleated hem. I like the color especially - makes you stand out anywhere. Besides, the dress has a low back, making you look even sexier.


I have to hand it to Marc Jacobs. The man always makes the ladies look chic. The Le Tigre dress from Marc by Marc Jacobs is a keeper.

Be one of the first to rock the floral print with this Graham & Spencer Floral Print Charmeuse Dress. You say it's too cold to be wearing a little tiny dress for New Year's?

Pair it up with:
Norma Kamali for Everlast Trench Coat while you are outside and simply check it when you are inside the New Year Party. The contrast between this military-esque trench and the feminine floral will have heads turning.


And because I cannot not have a red dress in my post to welcome the New year - here is the bebe Red polka dot kimono dress.

Happy New Year Vogue Factory Readers!
Loads of love from,

the Vogue Chicks

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love Development, they have such a beautiful point of view and create great feminine products.

Thanks for the little New years list! you picked some great styles!

Moe Moe said...

Hey
Happy new Year! I know, don't you <3 development?

Thanks for the Support, Jessica, will bring you more in the new year!

xo

jr said...

To Whom It May Concern,

We saw your blog and are interested in pitching an idea. There was no contact information on your site that I could find and I was wondering if you could give me the name and email address of who best to speak with about this. Thank you.

jrosen@rubenstein.com

ingenue said...

Hi there

Thanks for thinking of us! We just got back from the holidays. Will be in touch soon.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you're looking for a writer for your weblog. You have some really good articles and I believe I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd really like to write some
material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
Please blast me an e-mail if interested. Kudos!



Feel free to visit my page; heavy addiction

梁爵 said...

2019.09.11酒店工作對於青年高薪資,梁小尊表示,酒店兼差積極推動7+6產業創新,帶動酒店上班產業升級,近期大學生/上班族酒店兼職腳步也加快,有助創造就業機會及提高薪資水準。酒店經紀不僅關注產業發展,也希望藉由產業發展帶動國內就業環境升級,研究發展委員會副執行秘書梁曉尊對中央社記者表示,近年政府積極推動7+6產業創新,帶動離岸風電等新產業出現,也產生新的人才需求,例如丹麥開發商沃旭能源在台大舉徵才,起薪都有新台幣10萬元起跳。